Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Day Hooray!

I love the first day of school. I love that I get nervous the night before the first day after MANY years of school. I even love the piles of papers, late busses and 10 minute lunch break!

We had a great day....you know.....lots of talking and not having a solid schedule, getting to know you activities and sorting school supplies.

I gave them outside recess in between raindrops today because I thought that they would like to get outside to play but a few friends were disappointed that we did not have inside recess. I suspect that they were interested in finding out what I had in the blue recess buckets on the shelf! I felt guilty about denying them....right....and we played a little at the end of the day.

I love watching children play. They had the buckets of toys out, dropped and picked up the Lego box that got dropped on the floor, ooo-ed and aahhhh-ed over the transformers, matchbox toys and McDonald's toys that were in the buckets and one friend even read a book that he found in the classroom library.
I really loved watching the girls explore a bucket of shells......

..........a wonderful day indeed.

What was your favorite part about the first day?

Bee the Change~

No comments:

Post a Comment