This was a short week for us because we had Superintendent's Conference Day on Friday but we had plenty of fun! Click above to head over to Doodle Bugs Teaching and link yourself up!
1. Reading is WAY more fun when youhave creepy witch fingers and whisper phones, right? When my firsties come to reading group they read books from their reading bags and I can squeeze in a informal record or two but sometimes I just watch them and smile….
2. I was in the library tonight and this was on the NEW shelf! It makes me smile to see this book because I know the author. I am so happy for her success. If you do not know Amy VanDerwater, grab a cup of tea and a warm blankie, curl up on the couch and head over to her blog The Poem Farm. You will NOT be disappointed! Tell her Lori sent ya! :)
3. This cute 5th grader (who used to be a kindergartner of mine back in the day), helped to coordinate a buddy read between her fifth grade classmates and my first graders. We had our first gathering on Thursday and it was SO much fun that we will be continuing it every week! Love her…..
Here are some pictures of the reading buddies. The 5th graders went tothe library and specifically picked out books to read to the first graders. It was very cute.
The first graders kept running and getting other books out of our library for their buddies to read. they could not get enough!
4. I went to a holiday craft bazaar today at my church and my girlie picked out the fox earrings. I let her get them with the promise that I would not have to hear THAT SONG every time she wore them!
5. My #5 is also about my girlie who just had her callback audition for her 5-6 musical. As you can see, they are doing Honk Jr. She is VERY excited and the cast list goes up Tuesday! She needed to write this reminder on the chalkboard in the kitchen. I am SO excited for her!!!!!!!!!!
Next week is another short one. I am going to go have lunch on Monday with my Dad (my favorite veteran). Thanks to all our Veterans for your service and to the families of our armed forces for your sacrifice.