Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Where it all goes down Wednesday.....part 1

Ok...the reason that I have Part 1 in the title is that I am still working on my classroom. (In NY, we don't start til after Labor Day and we are all jealous in June when you all are finishing up and we have 3 weeks left!) I am very jealous of the space that I am seeing in so many of the classrooms posted! My room feels SO small and there is not a lot of room for creative spaces! I also had to move to a new classroom this year so I am still figuring out what I am going to put where and getting used to things. I am going to post a few of my favorite spaces that I have somewhat finished!

This is a part of the room that I will put a few of my work areas. The space with the table and the green covered board is the writing center. The blue board is my dog-gone Great work board and the yellow board is where the calendar is going to go. Listening is on the shelves under the blue board. The fan is so that I don't melt until the snow starts. :)
This is the majority of my class library that is accessible to the children. The bins under the wooden cart are fiction by author's last name. The top of the cart is non-fiction animals (orange stickers) and non-fiction non-animals (pink stickers). The colored bins on the white shelves are specific authors/characters ( Arthur, Curious George, Dr. Seuss)
This is near my door and I suppose will be command central. I have my clip chart, lunch order, bathroom passes and supply area. the small blue sign on my wall in the upper left hand corner is my "Featured Author of the Month" area! Maybe I will post more about that at a later time! Fun!
The green owl board is right next to my desk and reading group area. The white board to the left has my magnetic letters thanks to a bored 9 year-old daughter and all of my books and supplies for reading are on the shelf under the white board.
These were made before I had my cricut but I do not love them any less! :)
Had to post this....
..... so that in a couple of weeks when my desk looks like a pig sty, I have something to look back at.


Well that is it for now. I plan to spend tomorrow night in the room so I am SURE that huge amounts of progress will be made then.

Lori (I need to make a signature)


No comments:

Post a Comment