Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Getting Ready



I have never been a classroom teacher that has not had kids of my own. I started teaching when my oldest was 2 so I have always battled the home/school tug-o-war. I have always wanted to find a way to make that 5pm transition from school to home a smoother one. Now that my kids are in 7th and 4th grade and homework is our main afternoon activity, I decided it was time to bite the bullet and do the project that I have always wanted to do.

I don't know about any of you but my house is a black hole for writing utensils. We can never find a pencil.....rrrgggg! While the school supplies are cheap I tend to buy them and stash them so that when we run out, I can re-supply. These little supply boxes made for each of my children are (hopefully) going to solve that problem. The boxes were found at Target for $3.99 each and they are about 4 inches high. Not too big at all! They also stack very nicely on top of one another. It makes homework supplies portable and right at their fingertips. Now I have a place to store the "extra" supplies!
(cricut machine and vinyl, in case you were wondering)
I think that I am going to post these pictures on my classroom blog for parents and also on my personal blog for all of my friends with children. If you follow more than this blog, sorry for the duplicate! If you make one of these boxes, let me know and send me a pic!!!!
~~ Lori~~

No comments:

Post a Comment