Due to an early spring, we received our toad eggs earlier than planned. That did not quell our excitement though! Here is a nice shot of our newest living things!We wrote down our observations about what we saw and drew a nice picture. (I tried about 6 times to rotate this picture but it was just not cooperating).
While my co-worker was over at the pond gathering some water for the eggs, she found this handsome fella. He spent the day with us.
We did some vocabulary instruction (hypothesis, observation) and after some hopping and croaking (from the frog, of course) we worked on these.
I was so impressed with the children's responses on these forms. We had not even done any research at this point! Should be a fun unit!
Bee the Change~